May Goals



Tad late in uploading my monthly goals for May - sorry 'bout it. May seems to have seriously crept up on me and we are practically half way through the month already! 2016 doesn't hang around let me tell ya. So here is another brief round up of what I am working on in the sunny month of May.   

DIY My Bedroom

My mum treated me to some new bedding and I am so chuffed with them. I went with a tropical leaf theme, because it is my favourite print right now. Find them here and here. Now I have snazzy new bedding and fresh wallpapered walls I think it's about time I add some art and other touches to my little room. I picked up some LED string lights from Tiger which add a pop of colour and also make me feel so relaxed at night when I am Netflix and chilling. I want to go all Pinterest on myself and have fairy lights and polaroids on one wall like this. And I want to find prints of all the countries I visited on my travels and frame them like this. I really want to get my hands on some geometric shelves too, so cool! I just bloody love interiors - new career path please!

Watch the Pennies

I am so bad for spending money without keeping track of how much I am actually spending, then get a massive shock when I look at my bank statement... I need to start playing accountant and keeping track of my finances. I swear all my money goes to food and makeup at the minute - it's so bad! Time to cut back and save for summer! Top tip to keep on top of your finances is to track all your monthly outgoings like phone bills, Netflix, Spotify etc so you can see exactly how much money you have for everything else ie coffee and cake. I keep a note on my phone which makes life a whole lot easier.

Stay Focused and Motivated

I put way too much pressure on myself, I am such a perfectionist. I need to remember that it's okay to not be okay, it's okay to fail, it's okay to have shitty days. Since moving back home and job hunting it has been a challenge to remember these things. I need to stop getting life envy from other people on social media and in my friend group - nobody's perfect. So this month I am going to try and stay motivated through all the rejections and knockbacks, you got this. 

x


No comments :

Post a Comment