10 New Year's Resolutions 2017


I know many think New Year's resolutions are dumb as we usually set goals that are too high to achieve. I like to make 10 mini goals each year. I don't take them too seriously, so I don't beat myself up if I haven't stuck to them all in January. January sucks. Be kind to yourself, don't stress yourself out over trivial things. Instead by setting mini challenges it helps me to keep motivated throughout the year. Give it a try, you never know, you might just stick to some of them and make 2017 the best year yet.



10 New Year's Resolutions

1. Up Skincare Regime - my skincare routine at the minute isn't awful but I want to up my game and purchase more Pixi products and start using a good anti-aging cream, gotta start young!
2. Drink More H20 - I'm so guilty for not drinking 2 litres of water a day. I want to make more of a conscious effort to try and increase my daily intake. Note to self, coffee and G&T's don't count. 
3. Try and Gym It Three Times a Week - now this is an ambitious one to say the least. I joined the gym in Autumn and I think I've been around 10 times. Once I get there I do enjoy it, it's just the getting there. C'mon girl you can do this. 
4. Always Look Polished - now I don't expect to look polished all day everyday, I like my PJs and face masks too much. I just mean when I am out and about I want to look like I've made an effort to look presentable. I am such a lame excuse for a girl, I need to keep my beauty maintenance up so less dark roots and shabby eyebrows in 2017 thank you very much. 
5. Keep a Daily Journal - this I've been meaning to do for years. I want to look back on the year and be able to pinpoint what I was doing and how I felt any day of the year. Plus I want to be the modern Bridget Jones so bad, she's my idol. 
6. Read at Least 2 Books a Month - I am really bad for scrolling on social media and not picking up a book. Two books a month seems reasonable and when I get into a book I really enjoy it. Please throw any good recommendations my way.
7. Blog at Least 2-3 Times a Week - I'm really bad for losing track of writing posts as I let the busy work week get the better of me. I've really missed having a hobby and a space to write so I am determined to keep this up.
8. No Phone an Hour Before Bed - now this one will be difficult. My eyesight has been getting worse and headaches before bed are all due to glaring at a bright screen before falling asleep. I want to live offline a little more and not constantly feel the need to check the Daily Mail...
9. Fives Pieces of Fruit and Veg a Day - sounds simple enough but I can struggle with this one on a day to day basis. I'm determined to get my diet sorted out and this seems like a good place to start. 
10. Start Learning to Drive - the last one is the biggest and the most important. I'm 24 and have been avoiding this for 7 years now. I think leaving it so long has made me a little nervous at the thought of driving now so I really need to bite the bullet before I let my fear get the better of me. Wish me luck!












No comments :

Post a Comment